The decadence here is a playful and mischievous cocktail - a Liberator Old Fashioned, a tawny port-finished whiskey with dashes of chocolate bitters, filled halfway up to the rocks glass' harmony line. And the wholesome addition is a loving hand placing a shot of frosted chocolate icing beside it, whipped at the top to peak over the lip of the 1.5 oz paper cup.
She made the cocktail in a Baccarat glass, he purchased the shot of icing from Magnolia Bakery. These little tendernesses are the moves that make up their private delights, the sheer bliss in sharing one another’s harmless decadences now and then. Nothing is wasted, everything is savored.
Liberator Old Fashioned
· Pre-chill a Rocks glass with ice water, then discard the water
· Place 1 large cube or fill glass with fresh ice
· Add 60ml (2oz) Wayward’s The Liberator Tawny Port Finish Irish Whiskey
· Add 2 tablespoons of Demerara sugar
· Top ice with 7 drops of Chocolate Bitters
· Sip. Repeat. Share.